2012年3月4日星期日

Batman Revamped After “Dark Knight Rises”


A new dark knight will rise after “The Dark Knight Rises”. Makes perfect sense right??
Well, prepare yourselves for the third installment of Christopher Nolan’s Batman series, The Dark Knight Rises. Because you wont have much time to become attached to it when Warner Bros. reboots the franchise again! As the cape crusader makes his final Nolan appearance in the summer of 2012, a new Justice League movie is in the works for 2013. This will open up the possibility of the new Batman being introduced before the new franchise begins. It still isn’t clear whether the Batman featured in The Justice League will be the new version in the revamped franchise. I’m trying not to even think of a new Batman right now, because The Dark Knight Rises is still in production and Christopher Nolan has a good shot of concluding the saga of the Christian Bale caped crusader with an explosive finale. We all know what happened with the last film of the last franchise in 1997! Nevertheless, I have my work cut out for me. I’ve seen all six Batman films at the theater. So I guess I’m obligated to partake in another series of caped crusader madness for at least another decade? We’ll see.
My personal favorite Batman is definitely the current version. It might sound obvious, but Nolan has gotten the caped crusader right on the money with Batman Begins and The Dark Knight. I don’t know if it’s possible to portray the hero in a more dark, realistic tone than Bale’s version. Maybe it’s because I’m older, and the previous Batmans appealed to me when I was younger. But guess what? Another Batman franchise also means another Joker! I’m not even going to touch that one! Let’s just say certain movie roles should be retired like basketball jerseys. Like I said before, it’s going to be difficult to pull me away from the current Batman franchise. I just hope Warner Bros. takes their time to let the Dark Knight trilogy marinate for a while.

没有评论:

发表评论